Follow Your Dream
Preparing for My Second Spring
I conceived the idea of a website about the menopause early in February 2013. What a coincidence that it has taken me nine months to bring it to fruition and launch on 18th October 2013.
During my research, I learnt lots about the menopause, and here are some key findings:
- Menopause is complete when we have had no periods for 12 months.
- Most symptoms take place during perimenopause - the 4-8 years before menopause.
- Only about 10% of women will need medical treatment for menopause symptoms.
- 100% of women will benefit from positive lifestyle adjustments in areas such as diet, exercise and stress management.
- If we have unresolved life issues we may have a more difficult menopause.
- Osteoporosis is known as the silent disease - it comes upon us without warning symptoms.
During the website's 9 month gestation I also learned a lot about computers, website design, affiliate marketing, search engine optimisation, blogging and persevering. So if you've got any inkling to pursue a business, follow a dream or start again in any way, go ahead and take the first step today! You'll find lots of support here.
A huge number of women suffer from a variety of psychological symptoms during perimenopause and menopause including anxiety, panic attacks, brain fog and feelings of invisibility. In this blog Catherine O'Keeffe, Wellness Warrior.ie, looks at brain fog and gives us her top tips to achieve optimal brain function. Some of us need to support our brain function as hormones readjust at menopause.