Follow Your Dream
Preparing for My Second Spring
I conceived the idea of a website about the menopause early in February 2013. What a coincidence that it has taken me nine months to bring it to fruition and launch on 18th October 2013.
During my research, I learnt lots about the menopause, and here are some key findings:
- Menopause is complete when we have had no periods for 12 months.
- Most symptoms take place during perimenopause - the 4-8 years before menopause.
- Only about 10% of women will need medical treatment for menopause symptoms.
- 100% of women will benefit from positive lifestyle adjustments in areas such as diet, exercise and stress management.
- If we have unresolved life issues we may have a more difficult menopause.
- Osteoporosis is known as the silent disease - it comes upon us without warning symptoms.
During the website's 9 month gestation I also learned a lot about computers, website design, affiliate marketing, search engine optimisation, blogging and persevering. So if you've got any inkling to pursue a business, follow a dream or start again in any way, go ahead and take the first step today! You'll find lots of support here.
One of my kids I reckon has animal hearing, he can hear a sweet wrapper being crinkled from miles away ! Recently I took a trip to an audiologist - no easy task for me I will admit but what I do know and did learn is the VITAL importance of watching your hearing at midlife…please take it from someone who knows…our hearing will reduce over the coming years so doing what you can to protect it is a must.
Read on for some information