Congratulations to Mandy Bell on the launch of her children book The Lost Library Book at Marsh's Library this weekend. Fabulous artist Caroline Canning captured myself and Mandy swimming in Seapoint yesterday morning. If anyone is interested in awakening the artist in them Caroline runs drawing and painting workshops in Ranelagh Arts Centre and other places. Let me know if you'd be interested and maybe we could ask Caroline to do a My Second Spring workshop - any takers?
Follow Your Dream
Preparing for My Second Spring
I conceived the idea of a website about the menopause early in February 2013. What a coincidence that it has taken me nine months to bring it to fruition and launch on 18th October 2013.
During my research, I learnt lots about the menopause, and here are some key findings:
- Menopause is complete when we have had no periods for 12 months.
- Most symptoms take place during perimenopause - the 4-8 years before menopause.
- Only about 10% of women will need medical treatment for menopause symptoms.
- 100% of women will benefit from positive lifestyle adjustments in areas such as diet, exercise and stress management.
- If we have unresolved life issues we may have a more difficult menopause.
- Osteoporosis is known as the silent disease - it comes upon us without warning symptoms.
During the website's 9 month gestation I also learned a lot about computers, website design, affiliate marketing, search engine optimisation, blogging and persevering. So if you've got any inkling to pursue a business, follow a dream or start again in any way, go ahead and take the first step today! You'll find lots of support here.