This May's launch of her children's book, The Lost Library Book, is the culmination of Amanda Bell's decades-long love affair with the written word. For a long time, family came first, now, creativity has carved out its rightful place in her day. And so begins the Second Act.....
Follow Your Dream
Preparing for My Second Spring
I conceived the idea of a website about the menopause early in February 2013. What a coincidence that it has taken me nine months to bring it to fruition and launch on 18th October 2013.
During my research, I learnt lots about the menopause, and here are some key findings:
- Menopause is complete when we have had no periods for 12 months.
- Most symptoms take place during perimenopause - the 4-8 years before menopause.
- Only about 10% of women will need medical treatment for menopause symptoms.
- 100% of women will benefit from positive lifestyle adjustments in areas such as diet, exercise and stress management.
- If we have unresolved life issues we may have a more difficult menopause.
- Osteoporosis is known as the silent disease - it comes upon us without warning symptoms.
During the website's 9 month gestation I also learned a lot about computers, website design, affiliate marketing, search engine optimisation, blogging and persevering. So if you've got any inkling to pursue a business, follow a dream or start again in any way, go ahead and take the first step today! You'll find lots of support here.