Evening Primrose Oil
Evening Primrose OIl can be beneficial for hormone balance during menopause it can also help with skin health and low mood.
- Evening Primrose Oil is high in ‘Omega 6’ fatty acids including linoleic acid and gamma linolenic acid (GLA)
- Omega 6 fatty acids have been found to be beneficial in premenstrual syndrome and many women choose to supplement with Evening Primrose Oil around the time of their period or during the menopause
- GLA is essential for the production of certain hormones which regulate many body functions such as blood pressure, support of skin health, oxygen metabolism, cell membrane integrity and the reproductive cycle
- Each capsule yields 500mg of Evening Primrose Oil - containing 10% GLA.
- Although the body can produce GLA directly from linoleic acid, sometimes the conversion is not very efficient, so a supplement may be of benefit
- Fatty acids are as important nutrients as vitamins and minerals, but not all can be made in the body, and essential fatty acids have to be supplied in our food or by supplement.